On Saturday, the Brownsburg boys cross country team traveled to Ben Davis High School for the Regional meet. The Bulldogs improved on last year's placing with a 3rd place finish which qualified them for the Shelbyville Semi-State. 5 teams from 4 regionals make up the 20 team Semi-State.
Leading the way for the Bulldogs was junior Alex Freeman placing 6th overall with a time of 16:10.79. He was followed closely by the rest of Brownsburg's scoring runners which consisted of senior Tyler Nolan in 13th (16:32.29), sophomore Jacob Kodrick in 15th (16:33.93), sophomore Trevor Nolan in 16th (16:35.65), and sophomore Kole Kelley in 18th (16:40.47). Rounding out Brownsburg's varsity runners were senior Josh Limbil in 39th (17:19.10) and junior Austin Alley in 40th (17:20.90)
The breakout performance for the day was Kole Kelley, who lowered his personal best by 40 seconds from 17:20 to 16:40.
- 4 of the top 5 scorers will return for the 2019 season.
- This year is the first time Kole Kelley, Trevor Nolan, and Austin Alley were on the championship season team.
- Alex Freeman ran 30 seconds faster than last year's regional. Tyler Nolan ran 52 seconds faster. Josh Limbil was 24 seconds faster. Jacob Kodrick was 74 seconds faster.
- Last year the Bulldogs scored 128 points at the Regional. This year, Brownsburg scored 68.
- Last year, the Bulldogs top 5 average at the Regional was 17:24.53 seconds. This year, Brownsburg averaged 16:30.63.
- Semi-State Qualifying Team Scores from this year:
- Zionsville 47
- Avon 65
- Brownsburg 68
- Ben Davis 107
- Cardinal Ritter 147