By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg varsity Girls' soccer team will open IHSAA tournament play this week in Class 3A Girls Soccer Sectional 9 at Decatur Central High School.
The Bulldogs will take on Mooresville in the Sectional Semi-final on Thursday. The winner will advance to the Sectional Final on Saturday night.
Brownsburg finished the 2019 regular season with an 8-5-3 record.
- Brownsburg closed their 2019 regular season slate with a 1-0 home win over No. 14 Zionsville on October 2nd
- The Bulldogs win over the Eagles was their third straight against Zionsville
- Brownsburg ended their regular season on a seven-match unbeaten streak when playing at home; the Bulldogs notched a 5-1-2 record at Our Pitch this season
- This week, Brownsburg is looking to win their first Sectional championship since the 2012 season
- Goalkeeper Alanna Dixon has allowed just one goal in her last three starts
- Fifteen different players scored a goal for Brownsburg during the regular season; that is the second most in the HCC
- Grace Crawford and Kylie Conrad led the Bulldogs with six goals this season
About Sectional 9:
Five other teams will compete for the Sectional 9 championship. Here's what you need to know about each opponent:
- The Pioneers have a record of 4-7-4 heading into the state tournament
- Chloe Flinn was the leading scorer for Mooresville this year with 12 goals
- Flinn scored a goal in each of the team's final seven matches
- Brownsburg beat Mooresville 4-0 back on August 29th.
- The Quakers won the Mid-State Conference for the fourth consecutive season
- Plainfield has a record of 12-4-1
- Liza Petersson (9 goals) leads the team in scoring
- Plainfield has allowed just one goal since September 25th
- The Quakers beat Brownsburg 2-1 on September 14th at Lucas Oil Stadium
- The Hawks started the season 10-0 and have an 11-3-1 record heading into the postseason
- Jacqueline Flores leads the Hawks with 12 goals this year
- Decatur Central has four of the top-eight goal scorers in the Mid-State Conference
- Brownsburg and Decatur Central haven't met since before the 2010 season
- Avon comes in with a 4-7-5 record this season
- Amber Hochgesang and Amy Velazquez both lead the Orioles with 4 goals this season
- Avon is the defending Class 3A Sectional 9 champions
- Brownsburg beat Avon 1-0 back on September 11th for the B&O Trail Rotary Bell
- Ben Davis is 1-8-5 on the year
- Their lone win came against Lutheran on September 30th
- Brownsburg and Ben Davis were originally scheduled to play back on August 20th, but the match was cancelled due to rain and never rescheduled
Tuesday | 10.8
Match 1: Plainfield vs Ben Davis // 5 p.m.
Match 2: Avon vs Decatur Central // 7 p.m.
Thursday | 10.10
Match 3: Match 1 winner vs Match 2 winner // 5 p.m.
Match 4: Brownsburg vs Mooresville // 7 p.m.
Saturday | 10.12
Sectional Final: Match 3 winner vs match 4 winner // 7 p.m.
A Look Ahead:
The winner of IHSAA Class 3A Sectional 9 will advance to play in the New Palestine Regional on October 19th. The Sectional 9 winner will take on the winner of Sectional 12 (at Mt. Vernon)
The Sectional 10 (at Carmel) winner and the Sectional 11 (at Lawrence North) winner will also be at the New Palestine regional.
2019 IHSAA Girls Soccer South Semi-State games will be played at Evansville North High School and Seymour High School on October 26th.
This year's IHSAA Boys and Girls Soccer State Finals are hosted by Hamilton Southeastern High School and Fishers High School.
Follow @bhsdogs on Twitter and stay tuned to brownsburgathletics.com for updates and info on the IHSAA Girls Soccer State Tournament.